We are excited about the prospect of a new, more traditional school year for 2021-22. That said, it is still important that all of us remain vigilant with respect to health and safety, as the status of this virus can change rapidly. For now, we want to share an update regarding COVID-19 requirements in place at this time. Specific guidelines will be available on the District website in the coming days. For now, please note the following as we prepare for our return to school:
• Required for students and staff while on the bus.
• Not required for students or staff while indoors or outdoors (except as noted above)
• While not required, we will continue to encourage parents to do daily symptom checks for students before sending them to school.
• Students and staff who are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 will continue to be prohibited from entering District property.
• Known cases among students and staff are still required to be reported to the District. The District will publicly report all school-associated probable or positive cases of COVID-19.
• Social distancing is not required, though it is encouraged wherever it can be achieved.
• The District will continue regular cleaning and sanitization. Desks will no longer be required to be cleaned after every class period. In addition, hand sanitizers will remain accessible in hallways and common areas in all our buildings. Students will continue to be encouraged to practice proper hygiene.
Moving forward, we will continue to follow requirements from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, which will be reflected in the day-to-day operations of the District. We must be flexible, as an organization, because requirements may change as the status of the virus in our region changes.
We are working in cooperation with the Health Department to update our quarantine and contact tracing requirements. If there are updates regarding COVID-19 health and safety requirements, we will communicate those as we receive them.