The Lapeer Community School district (click here to visit main website) covers approximately 225 square miles and has a population of 36,000, which includes all of the City of Lapeer, Lapeer and Mayfield Townships and large portions of Attica, Elba, Hadley, Metamora, and Oregon Townships.
We operate 12 school buildings: 1 high school, 2 middle schools and 5 elementary schools. We offer a wide variety of educational programs, and our schools educate about 5,300 students of all ages from pre-schoolers to senior citizens.
We employ approximately 385 instructional staff and 350 support staff who update their professional skills through continuous training in concepts of effective instruction; more than 75 percent of the instructional staff hold advanced degrees.
- Every student is important.
- Education is a key that opens opportunities for every person.
- Challenging expectations result in greater achievement and success.
- In a safe, respectful, and positive learning environment.
- In a school culture that nurtures a life-long love of learning.
- In a commitment to continuous improvement.
- In being a dynamic organization in a competitive and ever-changing world.
- Student success requires effort and commitment from themselves, other students, family, school staff, and the entire community.
- A successful school district is dependent upon qualified and dedicated staff who are valued and supported.