With the holidays (and the traditional increase in calories) fast approaching, there is no better time than now to implement simple, low-cost wellness activities in your building. The following are a few such activities that have been used in our District and others.
- Develop walking maps. Measure the distance in halls, around the building, and in the surrounding area for setting walking goals.
- Encourage employees to walk to a specific location and log individual miles for incentive prizes.
- Organize a WeightWatchers or similar program at your workplace.
- Ask that your vendors fill vending machines with healthier choices
- Encourage participation in community walks (i.e. heart, cancer, March of Dimes).
- Start a running club, biking club, in-line skaters club, or line dancing club.
- Have a Goal of the Week or Month (e.g. I will exercise everyday for a week).
- Keep a chart of weekly or monthly exercise goals posted in the staff lounge.
December Health Observances
The following are national health observances and related websites for December.