The old Gray School on Gray Road and Reamer in Oregon Township is a window into the past. The one-room schoolhouse was in operation from 1863 until 1957. During this era, teachers were counted on to instruct the basics to students across a wide spectrum of ages and ability levels. Memorization would have been one of the fundamental educational strategies in the early days of the Gray Schoolhouse.
Our district is home to more than a dozen one-room schoolhouses. This building sits just a few miles from our district’s state-of-the-art middle school facilities. (Click on photo for full resolution)